SPRINGFIELD – February 24, 2010. Officials from Governor Pat Quinn’s Administration today announced that, for the first time in Illinois’ history, the public can actively participate in the state’s budgeting process. The Governor’s Office of Management and Budget (GOMB) today launched www.budget.illinois.gov, a Web site that allows Illinois residents to provide feedback that will be used to shape the state’s fiscal year 2011 budget.
“This site allows residents to offer suggestions on how to balance the budget while seeing first-hand the serious financial challenges our state faces,” said David Vaught, Director of the Governor’s Office of Management and Budget. “The Quinn Administration is committed to openness and transparency, and this site gives everyone the opportunity to become engaged in the budget process.”
In the midst of an unprecedented fiscal crisis in Illinois, Governor Quinn recently requested lawmakers revise the state’s budgeting process to allow Illinoisans to become active participants. The Web site reflects the Quinn Administration’s commitment to educating the public about the state’s fiscal challenges, and empowers them to help determine solutions.
- Fiscal year 2010 revenue and expenditures for all budgeted funds, both actual to date and estimated for the full fiscal year (download PDF file)
- Fiscal year 2010 and 2011 appropriations for all budgeted funds (Part of Governor Quinn’s FY11 Preliminary Budget Plan)(download PDF file)
- Fiscal year 2011 estimated revenue and expenditures for all budgeted funds for the full fiscal year (download PDF file)
David Vaught, Director of the Governor’s Office of Management and Budget, will speak to the media at 2:30 p.m. today in the Blue Room of the Illinois Capitol to present the new site. Governor Quinn will deliver his budget address on March 10.
Help the Soldiers!
American GeniusOur Founding Ideas
- The Declaration of Independence
- The Federalist Papers
- The U.S. Constitution
- Debates of 1787
- The Anti-Federalist Papers
- The Writing of John Locke
"Governments are instituted among men,deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed." Declaration of Independence July 4, 1776
What THEY Say:
Foreign News In English
Click HERE for information
on my fedora collection.Antique Stetsons, hat history...