-By Warner Todd Huston
A leaked copy of a UN report on global warming says that scientist’s claims that global warming was going to destroy us were drastically wrong.
The Daily Mail reports that in 2007 the UN Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) claimed that the planet was going to rise 0.2 Celsius every decade, a claim that governments and scientists all across the world have relied on to make their own determinations.
But now the new report says that the climate only warmed at .12 C per decades since 1951, a rate far, far below what everyone was told.
The new report also notes that scientists had to admit that their forecasts were wildly out of sync with the truth.
Some of the findings that the report contains are as follows:
- They recognize the global warming ‘pause’ first reported by The Mail on Sunday last year is real – and concede that their computer models did not predict it. But they cannot explain why world average temperatures have not shown any statistically significant increase since 1997.
- They admit large parts of the world were as warm as they are now for decades at a time between 950 and 1250 AD – centuries before the Industrial Revolution, and when the population and CO2 levels were both much lower.
- The IPCC admits that while computer models forecast a decline in Antarctic sea ice, it has actually grown to a new record high. Again, the IPCC cannot say why.
Further, these UN scientists now acknowledge that there has, indeed, been a “pause” in rising temperatures, just as so many have said.
- A forecast in the 2007 report that hurricanes would become more intense has simply been dropped, without mention.
And yet, even though the new report admits so many errors, these so-called scientists still pack their paper with apocalyptic scenarios about how global warming is still going to kill us all.
This on top of the fact that the Arctic ice sheet has grown despite folks like Al Gore that said by now all the ice should have melted.
This is why we call the “theory” of global warming globaloney.
“The only end of writing is to enable the reader better to enjoy life, or better to endure it.”
Warner Todd Huston is a Chicago based freelance writer. He has been writing opinion editorials and social criticism since early 2001 and before that he wrote articles on U.S. history for several small American magazines. His political columns are featured on many websites such as Andrew Breitbart’s BigGovernment.com, BigHollywood.com, and BigJournalism.com, as well as RightWingNews.com, MrConservative.com, CanadaFreePress.com, StoptheACLU.com, Wizbang.com, among many, many others. Mr. Huston is also endlessly amused that one of his articles formed the basis of an article in Germany’s Der Spiegel Magazine in 2008.
For a full bio, please CLICK HERE.
Help the Soldiers!
American GeniusOur Founding Ideas
- The Declaration of Independence
- The Federalist Papers
- The U.S. Constitution
- Debates of 1787
- The Anti-Federalist Papers
- The Writing of John Locke
"Governments are instituted among men,deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed." Declaration of Independence July 4, 1776
What THEY Say:
Foreign News In English
Click HERE for information
on my fedora collection.Antique Stetsons, hat history...