January 22, 2014 | Filed Under Budget, Business, Democrats/Leftists, Economy/Finances, Ethics, Free Trade, Government, Government Corruption, Illinois, Jobs, Liberals, Money, Progressives, Property Taxes, Taxes, Warner Todd Huston | Comments Off on
Illinois Ranks as One of Worst States for Losing Citizens
-By Warner Todd Huston
Illinois keeps racking up those plaudits as the worst of the worst states in the country, this time coming in second of the top states for outward migration. Illinois has seen more of its citizens fleeing its failing edifice than every other state but New Jersey.
This list is maintained by one of the nation’s largest moving companies, United Van Lines and is compiled every year as the company tracks the migrations statistics of the nation.
“As the nation’s largest household goods mover, United’s shipment data illustrates national state-to-state migration trends,” Carl Walter, vice president of United Van Lines said in a statement. “We’ve been tracking the number of inbound and outbound domestic moves for nearly 40 years, and through our study are able to identify the states that are attracting or losing residents.”
The moving company found that for the fourth straight year, Oregon has been one of the states most moved to, this year taking the top spot after spending four years in second place. Following Oregon, South and then North Carolina won second and third places. Also on the list of the most desirable states to move to was Washington DC, South Dakota, Nevada, Texas, and Colorado.
But for the last two years the worst list remained steady with New Jersey and then Illinois coming in as the worst of the worst. New York was third worst with West Virginia coming in at fourth. New Jersey, Illinois and New York have topped the list for several years.
So, once again, Illinois comes in at one of the worst states in the USA to live in–no surprise because the Land of Lincoln comes in at the bottom of nearly every indicator of a successful and desirable state.
Here are just a few more of the “low lights” of Illinois’ standing among the states:
- Illinois Worst in Midwest for Private Sector Job Creation
- Illinois One of the Worst GDP Growth in Entire Midwest
- Illinois Ranks as ‘Worst’ For Small Businesses
- Of the Fifty, Illinoisans Have Least Trust in the State Government
- Poll: Even People in Illinois Say Illinois Worst State to Live In
- Illinois has the most underfunded pensions in the country and faces a deficit growth of $17 million per day.
- The state also has the worst funded teachers pensions in the country.
- Illinois was identified as one of the worst states in the union for its oppressive, jobs-killing lawsuit climate
- Illinois had more home foreclosures than almost every other state.
- Illinois ranks as the 49th worst debtor state in the nation.
- Illinois was ranked the 48th worst state for business.
- Illinois ranked 48th for unemployment making it among the worst five states for joblessness.
- Its government also has one of the worst rankings for state transparency and accountability in the nation, too.
- As to big city stats, Chicago tops the nation with the highest unemployment rate.
- Illinois has the worst credit rating
- Illinois Tops Nation in Growth of Food Stamp Recipients
- Mercatus: Illinois ranks at the bottom of the most free states
- Illinois Ranks as One of Worst States for Losing Citizens
(H/T Marathon Pundit)
“The only end of writing is to enable the reader better to enjoy life, or better to endure it.”
Warner Todd Huston is a Chicago based freelance writer. He has been writing opinion editorials and social criticism since early 2001 and before that he wrote articles on U.S. history for several small American magazines. His political columns are featured on many websites such as Andrew Breitbart’s BigGovernment.com, BigHollywood.com, and BigJournalism.com, as well as RightWingNews.com, CanadaFreePress.com, StoptheACLU.com, Wizbang.com, among many, many others. Huston has also appeared on Fox News, Fox Business Network, CNN, and many local TV shows as well as numerous talk radio shows throughout the country.
For a full bio, please CLICK HERE.
Help the Soldiers!
American GeniusOur Founding Ideas
- The Declaration of Independence
- The Federalist Papers
- The U.S. Constitution
- Debates of 1787
- The Anti-Federalist Papers
- The Writing of John Locke
"Governments are instituted among men,deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed." Declaration of Independence July 4, 1776
What THEY Say:
Foreign News In English
Click HERE for information
on my fedora collection.Antique Stetsons, hat history...